Ed. Züblin AG, Stuttgart, ranks among the largest German contractors in the field of building construction and civil engineering with branch offices and numerous associated companies throughout Germany and abroad. The company is active in all sectors of construction and operates permanent factories for the production of pipes and precast elements made of reinforced and prestressed concrete.
Züblin was founded in 1898 by the Swiss engineer Eduard Züblin in Strasbourg (Alsace). Branches were subsequently established in several European countries. Some of these branches were transformed after 1918 into legally independent companies. Since 1919 Ed. Züblin AG, with its head office in Stuttgart, has been continuing the business activities of the original company within Germany.
Züblin maintains a strong position in the German as well as in the international construction markets through its innovative and technical capabilities supported by a solid financial foundation.
In recent years, Züblin has diversified from a construction company into a group of companies capable of asserting
their resources in many different ways. In addition to construction, the current range of activities also comprises the development and distribution of software for technical applications in the construction industry, fully automated material flow systems and compact warehouses, custom-made and specially designed machinery and equipment, environmental technologies, project management and many other services.